Picking up where Mastering Windows Server 2003 left off, bestselling author and leadingWindows Server expert Mark Minasi returns with a much-anticipated Upgrade Edition that delivers exactly the information you need to understand SP1 and R2. With clear, hands-on instruction, this book thoroughly covers features and changes that have been largely undocumented in the marketplace until now, from SP1”s critical security enhancements to R2”s new management/administration tools, enhanced print controls, and more. If you manage, maintain, or depend on Windows Server 2003, this is the book you”ve been waiting for!
- Getting and installing SP1
- Hiding folders from prying eyes with ABE
- De-worming Windows® with Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
- Solving SP1/R2 incompatibilities
- Stopping spyware and locking up ports
- Stopping mobile thieves by blocking USB memory sticks
- Upgrading to R2 and getting to know its GUI
- Understanding R2”s new Print Management Console
- Controlling folder usage with quotas and more
- Integrating Unix and Windows
- Working with Active Directory
Coverage Focused Specifically on Critical SP1 and R2 Updates
Insights from One of the World”s Leading Windows Authorities
Fills the Information Gap on SP1 and R2
For the fourth year in a row, Mark Minasi is the winner of CertCities.com Reader”s Choice Award for Favorite Technical Author.